Wednesday, April 20, 2011
GIDS 2011 - .Web day Session 1
Arijit Chatterjee from Adobe is giving an excellent session on Building Next Generation of Experiences.
His presentation is full of interesting images. I like the fact that there is less content in the presentation and more of verbal communication.
The main message behind the presentation is to how to make the user experience better - Understand your users, how to make beautiful websites, understanding local sentiments and speaking in local language.
Some key things to keep in mind
1) Build trust
2) Maintain Focus on workflows --> move from one task to another
Create in context help - if necesary
3) Involve all Senses - the more sensory organs are involved, the more you will be able to retain users.
for web app Visual,Touch,Sound are the key .
4) do not build something Jazzy - it might drive people away from your site
5) Acknowledge Status clearly once you are done with something irrespective of Victory or Failure.
6) 3 D display wherever relavant
7) Use sound - Judiciously
8) use of high definition haptics
Wrapping up with a few stunning images . Aquarium Sink, Bubble Cosmos , Interactive multi modal workspace.